If you have not heard of Justin’s Nut Butter then I just honestly don’t know where you’ve been hiding because it seems they are in stores everywhere you turn. Justin Gold is the guy who came up with the idea to create the product and after reading his story on how he started, I knew I needed to chat with him. He’s such a cool and laid back guy that comes with a lot of wisdom. When I mentioned to the Business Beware community that we were going to chat with him, we immediately had a ton of questions pour in for him. I basically curated the questions sent in along with my own for Justin in this interview. You really can learn a lot from Justin, especially if you are getting ready to launch a product.
Here are just a few highlights from the interview:
- The big guys told him that he couldn’t create the product he ultimately wanted to so he created his own machine to make it all work.
- He put the product on the shelf and failed at first but it actually created his aha moment.
- Why he decided to create a more simple/clean branding style for their products.
- Why it’s important to get seed money from family and friends.
- His tips on getting your product on the shelves and how to stand out from your competition.